The Golden Retriever Club was formed to promote the general improvement of the quality, breeding, exhibiting and working of Golden Retrievers. To educate, encourage, assist and instruct members, breeders and exhibitors in all matters concerning Golden Retrievers.
- We had a great day at the Brisbane Dog Lovers Show, thanks to all our helpers and visitors. Click on date for photos from Cuddle a Golden for Saturday 4th November or Sunday 5th November.
- Entries are now open for our 2018 Calendar competition. Whilst we are happy for multiple submissions from people only one shot from any one individual will be submitted for judging. Entries to be submitted by the end of October to allow time to print the calendar. Photos of goldens only (not people or other breeds), 1mb minimum file size, landscape orientation and must be taken by the person entering or have permission from the person who took the photo are required for your entry to be accepted. Please email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Instagram @grcqld
Membership Renewals & AGM
The GRCQ AGM will be held at 7pm on 6th November 2017 at the Dogs Queensland Durack Meeting Rooms.
Membership renewals are due by August 31 2017.
Objectives of The Golden Retriever Club of Queensland
1.To ENCOURAGE the general improvement of the quality, breeding, exhibiting and working of Golden Retrievers.
2. To EDUCATE members, breeders and exhibitors to EMPOWER them in all matters concerning Golden Retrievers.
3.To ENSURE the Club conducts Shows, Open Shows and Obedience Trials and hold fixtures as permitted by the Canine Control Council of Queensland.
4. To ENCOURAGE good fellowship and sportsmanship amongst owners of Golden Retrievers, including the use of social media and in all levels of communication.
5. To EMBRACE public interest in Golden Retrievers.
6. That The Golden Retriever Club of Queensland Inc. should ENCOURAGE Breeders through EDUCATION to recognise all serious defects in the breed, and ENTRUST that their members will make realistic ENDEAVOURS to improve the overall quality of the Golden Retriever in terms of TYPE, CONFORMATION, TEMPERAMENT and HEREDITARY ABNORMALITIES.
Looking for a Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retrievers Research First Century in the Show Ring
|There are a great many books written by experts on the subject of animal husbandry. This book was envisaged as a companion to those books with the purpose of presenting a wider body of knowledge on the Golden Retriever and its history.
The first aim was to produce a document on the development of the Golden Retriever, from the original dog purchased by Lord Tweedmouth in Brighton, England to what can be seen in the show ring around the world today. The second aim was to raise funds to assist with research into inherited diseases of the Golden Retriever.
Written by Marilynn Morphet this book is for any Golden Retriever enthusiast.
Copies are limited so go to www.goldenretrieverfirstcentury.com or order your copy now. Fantastic Christmas gift.